Plumber Pre-Employment Training
Designed for those who are not yet employed or apprenticed within the trades.
Not an apprentice? Not a problem. Kick-start your career in the trades in our Pre-Employment Plumber program. Specifically designed for those who are not yet employed in the pipe trades, the Pre-Employment Plumber trades training program provides the first year of the Alberta Apprenticeship Common first period Pipe Trades curriculum.
Trades employers are reluctant to hire employees with no experience, but you can enhance your chances in our Pre-Employment Plumber trades training program. Through a mix of theoretical and hands-on training, our Pre-Employment Plumber program prepares you to write the first-year Alberta Apprenticeship Common Pipe Trades exam.
- Successful completion of English 20-2, Math 20-3 and Science 10, or entrance exam.
- English 30-2, Math 30-3, Physics 30 or Chemistry 30 or Science 30 and related career and technology studies courses recommended.
Upon successful completion of The Pre-Employment Plumbing program, you will:
- be prepared to write the First Period Alberta Apprenticeship Examination.
- be prepared to be employed within the Plumbing industry in Alberta.
- have learned valuable employability skills including cover letter and resume writing, and interview skills.
- obtain a Letter of Recognition.