PLUMBER AND GASFITTER - CLASS B APPRENTICESHIP
Whether your interest in the plumbing profession flows from your methodical nature or your desire to work with your hands, the Plumber Apprenticeship program will train you for an essential trade. You'll learn the ins and outs of plumbing and discover how to keep water, waste and gas flowing to or from homes and businesses.
Over four years, you’ll spend 80 per cent of your apprenticeship learning on the job while working side by side with skilled plumbers. For the remaining 20 per cent, you’ll be in our state-of-the-art trades and technologies facilities expanding your knowledge and using industry-standard equipment to develop new skills.
A career in an essential trade is waiting – apply to the Plumber Apprenticeship today!
- Successful completion of English 20-2, Math 20-3 and Science 10, or entrance exam.
- English 30-2, Math 30-3, Physics 30 or Chemistry 30 or Science 30 and related career and technology studies courses recommended.
Please note: You must be a registered apprentice to apply for this program. Information on how to become a registered apprentice is available on the Alberta Government's website.
Additional information on apprenticeship and industry training is available on Alberta's Tradesecrets website.
You can apply for apprenticeship and industry training through MyTradesecrets.
Alberta Apprenticeship and Industry Training Board
Provincial Building, Room 280
200 - 5th Avenue South
Lethbridge AB T1J 4C7
Outside of North America: 1-403-476-9757
Ask about the Alberta Apprenticeship Scholarship Program. You might discover you’re eligible for a financial award!
Apprenticeship programs require eight to 12 weeks of classroom training each year in addition to on-the-job training.
You’ll have all the skills you need when you finish your apprenticeship to find employment through:
- Commercial and Residential Construction Companies
- Renovation Companies
- Plumbing Repair Shops